1) Caladesi Island State Park, Florida – This gorgeous white-sand beach is an oasis for swimming, sunbathing and beachcombing. The island is in fact one of the few completely natural islands along the Gulf Coast of Florida. Park visitors enjoy the clear blue waters, great for swimming, surfing and fishing, and can also venture along a 3-mile nature trail for a break from the sun. And you can’t beat the sunsets – there’s nothing like ‘em!
2) Coronado, California – Another island getaway, Coronado is an idyllic, fair-weather Pleasantville complete with a beautiful 1.5-mile stretch of white sandy shores to match. The salty Pacific sea stays cool all year around, but the air is never too chilly for a dip… Or perhaps that’s just us? Another spot for incredible sunsets, too.
3) Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts – Just south of Cape Cod, this unspoiled island paradise offers white-sand beaches lined with beach grass and flanked by towering tan and brown cliffs on its east side. Winters may be frigid, but summers are warm along the choppy waters. You can even enjoy a bike ride on one of the island’s many paths – the perfect way to warm up before plunging into the water!
4) Driftwood Beach, Georgia – The worn remnants of great water oak and pine trees line this beach, creating a natural jungle gym for beach dwellers. Located on Georgia’s Jekyll Island, the shoreline here offers a peaceful escape from the stresses of everyday life. The waters never get too cold, so you can swim year-round (depending on how brave you’re feeling). Enjoy this beach’s unique landscape from the seat of your Mac Sports lounger!
5) Lanikai Beach, Hawaii – Located on the east side of the island of Oahu, this exotic destination offers year-round beauty and escape. Locals flock to the paradise like no other for its calm surf and white-powder sand. The name of the beach, Lanikai, translates to “heavenly ocean” – we like the sound of that. Now to get there…
6) Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Michigan – And let’s not forget about middle America. There’s plenty to offer along the Great Lakes, and this island near the shores of Lake Michigan is one of the best, with its enormous glacial-deposit dunes and turquoise waters. If you get tired of beach lounging (although we’re not sure that’s even possible), take a cruise along the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive for some stunning views.
7) Rehoboth Beach, Delaware – Located along the southern shores of this mid-Atlantic state, Rehoboth is a charming beach town and the perfect place to slow down and recharge. It’s a family-friendly destination, and its 30 miles of coastline offer retreat from the nation’s capital and other regional cities. In fact, it’s sometimes referred to as the “Nation’s Summer Capital.” The refreshing waters welcome bathers and boogie boarders all summer long.
Where do you take your beach lounger? Do you have a favorite beach of your own? Share yours in the comments below to add to our list of the most beautiful beaches in the USA. And happy lounging!